Monday, April 4, 2011

THE GIBBERISH CONSPIRACY

Today Gawker posted an article about how there's a conspiracy theory going around the web that says that all the on-air reporters that start to randomly speak gibberish is some sort of microwave mind control.

Now, I KNOW that i'm one to quickly jump on the conspiracy bandwagon, but hold up... I think there's something to this. I'm not sure it's as strong as microwaved mind control, but maybe there's something happening.

Here's what I experienced:

About a month and a half ago, I was out at the Interpol afterparty with a bunch of friends. A New York Times reporter asked me if she could ask me some questions for a piece she was writing. I agreed and after answering her questions she replied "Wow, thanks so much for giving me such coherent answers! How do you spell your name?" To which I answered "S-T-N-A no, wait... R-G-L wait. Why can't I spell my own name?!"

It was really weird. Kind of upsetting. Clearly a sign that I need to start wearing tinfoil hats ALL THE TIM.

No comments: