Monday, January 12, 2009

NOVEL'S COVER OF "MAD WORLD"


Incase you were wondering if there could be a more wonderfully depressing version of Tears for Fears' "Mad World," this artist that I work with called Novel did a cover of the song after he read about the Oscar Grant shooting on January 1. Novel gained like 10billion <3's from me because he was inspired to use that song after watching Donnie Darko, which is my favorite movie ever even though I hardly understand it -- which i guess is what makes the use of the song so fitting. Novel felt the shooting made no sense, and probably felt the same way about the movie. Ha.

Here. Have the song for free.

Novel - "Mad World"

here's a painfully detailed analysis of the music in Donnie Darko that I wrote in the summer of 2004.

here's how the song was used in the movie:


Weird fan video for the movie (and ps, thank God i can't get a tattoo because i would've totally have gotten that crazy tattoo that the dude has in this video):


Tears for Fears "Head Over Heels" scene from the movie:


Radiohead's "Exit Music" set to Donnie Darko:


Radiohead's "no surprises" set to donnie darko:


an albert hammond jr song set to donnie darko:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is fantastic! So powerful! I am knocked out!

College Research Papers said...

Very good post. I have been searching for this post since many days. Now I have implemented the same for my site.