Monday, November 13, 2006

I LOVE ELVIS PERKINS

When I look at this photo, I kinda can't type anymore and my knees become a little weak. Ah yes, once again, if only i was 15 or 16 again:


So, in reference to the title of this blog posting -- When I was at CMJ, I spoke on a "next big things" panel, and sat with a woman named Liz who had just signed Elvis Perkins the day before. As part of the panel we got to play music by artists we were working with that we thought would be the NBT, and when she played "All the Night Without Love," I found myself closing my eyes and drifting away like a feather being dropped from the top of the empire state building. Corny descriptions aside, the music was a cross between Beirut and The Decemberists.

Listen here to hear Elvis sing.

Also, i finally figured out (i think), how to use dodgeball. So if you're signed up for Dodgeball, please add me to your list. I think i'm under either "ultragrrrl" or email "sarahlewitinn@gmail.com" ... thanks!

No comments: