Monday, July 24, 2006

YOU'RE MY LADYBIRD

I fucking love Lee Hazelwood's voice. Him and Neil Diamond are two artists that i listen to almost exclusively whenever I am not listening to bands on Stolen Transmission.

So Friday I was sick as a dog. I think my body sometimes shuts down, and sometimes that happens on fridays. I start getting fevers and dizzy and can't eat. It's not fun. When I go to my parent's for dinner they start diagnosing me with every disease in the world except for just plain exhaustion. C'est La Vie.

Saturday I tried out a new restaurant on Clinton called Frankie's 17 that was delightful. It's an Italian restaurant and I had some yam raviolis and brandon had some gnocci. Both were just absolutely delicious and I think we'll be back there about once or twice a month, at least. After dinner we went to the Hanger Bar for Ryan Heil's surprise birthday party that his girlfriend Brooke was throwing. Unfortunately, my body was still illin from the night before so we headed home at around 11pm. at about midnight Lawrence texted me that he was as Joey Arak's birthday party. Joey does Blue States Lose for Gawker and it's one of my favorite columns on the web... but i was feeling so ill that even reading a text from Lawrence telling me that Chuck Klosterman was at the party wasn't enough to get me out of the house. I said "tell him i say hi. i feel like poop(ing)." You can't buy class like this.

Sunday I started feeling better so Brandon and I picked up the papers that we trust (me: new york post, him: new york times) and got some coffee and bagels and then headed up to the dog run so I could be creepy about the dogs. After walking around and seeing Pirates of the Carribean, we headed over to Lavagne for some of the best Italian food ever.

Anyway, while lounging around in aches, I found this image and it brought such a smile to my face that I wanted to share it with everyone else:

A few years ago i went to karaoke for a bday party and some random dude started singing christina aguilera's "beautiful." he had such a great voice, so i asked him if i could take his photo. as i counted to three he gave me the best smile ever. EVER.

No comments: