Friday, January 13, 2006

THIS BAND GOES TO ELEVEN

The oohlas are looking for a drummer. From what I understand they're looking for a young drummer who can slay on drums and would be available to tour this spring behind their debut record out on Stolen Transmission.

Incase you wanted a new crush in your life... here are the Oohlas:


Fuck KidzBop. My friend Amy got her 11-year old son Dakota Garage Band for xmas. Dakota, a musical prodigy, decided to cover his favorite band, My Chemical Romance. The result is KidsBop on crack and the bestest thing ever. His band is called Life with an Astronaut.

"I'm Not Ok (I Promise)"
"Give 'em Hell Kid"

Hey... SXSW is creeping up and i'm in need of a house to throw a house party in again.

Last year the amazing Ben Brown lent us his house and we provided the booze and the INSANELY AMAZING BANDS... like... IDLEWILD, MAXIMO PARK AND MC CHRIS!

dude... Idlewild played in a living room. People who saw it said it was the best show of SXSW. Idlewild said it was one of their most favorite shows.

This year you can be sure that I'll be bringing in some pretty fucking amazing bands once again. Whoa.

So if you have a house in Austin and I can take it over, please email me: sarahlewitinn@gmail.com (Ben Brown, if you want to do it again, holla atcha girl).

Lastly, my friend Hardcore Dave is in a movie called THREAT. THREAT is coming to theaters nationwide starting in NYC on Friday the 13th of January at The Pioneer Theater (3rd St & Ave A). Click on the link to see the trailer. It looks pretty good.

No comments: