Thursday, June 9, 2005

IT'S INDIE ROCK AND ROLL FOR ME

I must apologize for my lack of updates, but it's not my fault. I was kidnapped by a band of handsome and well dressed killers wearing eyeliner masks. I was only supposed to be gone for roughly 24 hours, but found myself on tour with my favorite band (that is not Interpol, Muse or My Chemical Romance), being sneakily kidnapped from state to state.

"We'll do the interview later." Turned into "We'll do the interview after the set." Turned into "We'll do the interview after bus call." Turned into "Well do the interview tomorrow night." Night after night. I packed for a day trip, with a slight chance of overnight-age. I ended up reliving Almost Famous. Our "Tiny Dancer" was "Helena." Our Golden God was a Morman. Our nights spent with bands that blow our mind. Being treated like a sister. Being disgused as a boy. Never being treated like I was imposing.

It took me a day or two to realize that i was living out the biggest dream of my life. And when I found myself at the Marriweather Pavillion in Maryland, watching the band from the side of the stage for the 3rd time in 3 days, as Brandon called out to the audience during "All These Things That I've Done" that he wanted to see 30,000 hands in the air... and actually seeing them... I had to hold myself back from crying. I put my hands over my mouth and stared out in disbelief. A year ago they were playing Mercury Lounge and today here they were... Brandon performing like the frontman I always saw him as (like a young Morrissey), Dave and Mark looking like they're enjoying every moment of life, and Ronnie being the heart and soul. I could not believe what I saw. Backstage, in their dressing room, standing in the doorway of the side room, Brandon looked at me as if he sees his sister about to cry and throws his arms around me to give a hug. We spent the past three days trying to convince people we were twin. We managed to convince most. And now we were being plyed apart. Mark pestered me about staying on tour -- telling me that it's only 3 more days, and offering the day off as a bargaining tool, and Wyatt kisseed my head and offered whatever little amounts of money he had to make sure I get home safely, since my bank account had only $40 in it and I was walking around with a $20 for three days.

I fucking love the Killers.

I'll post details tomorrow... today I've gotta run.

"over and in, last call for sin, while everyone's lost and the battle is won, with all these things that i've done."

No comments: